There are many important hearings set for this week in Olympia where the voice of prevention needs to be heard. The following links to bill information include scheduled hearing date and location/committee. Bill information may be viewed at: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/.
1. HB 2443 - Increasing accountability of persons who drive impaired.
2. HB 2176 - Extending the time to enforce civil judgments for damages caused by impaired drivers.
3. HB 2301 - Concerning boxing, martial arts, and wrestling.
4. HB 2302 - Concerning being under the influence with a child in the vehicle.
5. HB 2405 - Ordering offenders convicted of vehicular homicide due to alcohol or drugs to pay child support for the victims' minor children.
6. HB 2432 - Promoting local intervention and prevention programs for reducing gang violence.
7. HB 2454 - Protecting qualifying patients of medical marijuana from prosecution for impaired driving when there is no actual impairment.
8. HB 2216 - Increasing penalties for vehicular homicide and vehicular assault.
9. SB 5789 - Addressing workplace bullying by making it an unfair practice to subject an employee to an abusive work environment.
10. S-3377 (Draft) - Addressing the medical use of cannabis.