DBHR, along with other state agencies, has begun to prepare for the funding expected in late 2014 from Initiative 502 (I502) marijuana sales tax revenue. This funding is designated for community assessment, media-based education campaigns for adults and youth, prevention hotline, youth marijuana use prevention, youth treatment, and evaluation. DBHR will share plans for implementing our legislative mandate and provide an opportunity for input from partners, service providers and community members.
Who should attend:
- Community providers, members and volunteers interested in preventing marijuana abuse among youth
- Community coalitions with a focus on substance abuse prevention
- Community and public health professionals
- School administrators
- Treatment providers
Dates and Locations:
Please RSVP for the locations below at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/I-502CommunityForumRSVP. Seating is limited to approximately 100.
- Yakima – October 2, 2013 – 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Spokane – October 3rd – 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Seattle – October 4, 2013 – 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Vancouver – October 8, 2013 – 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Webinar – October 9, 2013 – 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
To join the webinar you must RSVP at: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/163378706
For details and more information about these forums visit http://www.theathenaforum.org/dbhrmjpublicforums
Questions? Contact P. Scott McCarty at firstname.lastname@example.org.